Thursday, May 7, 2009

Things I Love Thursday



Margaritas! So we celebrated Cinco De Mayo the only way you're supposed to...getting drunk on margaritas! Me & Will tried to hit some mexican restaurants but they were all way too packed so we said fuck it & got our own liquor. They were tasty as hell & I had a little too much, but hey, my intentions were good.

Will's first tattoo...AW! So my husband got his very first tattoo yesterday & he is no longer the weird one in our group! And he started off the right way, with getting a pretty nice sized piece. This is the 1st session. The original idea was Lady Justice in sheep's clothing but then it turned into Lady Justice coming out of her wolf head. I think it's fucking amazing & the representation is awesome. The coins will also be dripping blood when it's all finished. It's even going to be in a political tattoo article! Done by the extremely talented Sean Herman. If you haven't seen his work GO HERE NOW! His work is absolutely stunning & I'm slightly jealous that Will got tattooed by him (for free!) but I'll be getting a piece from him soon! It's good to have talented friends :)
People taking a chance on me I'm lucky to have had the chance to work at a salon that's not Fantastic Sam's, or Smart Style, or any other "starter" salon's. Seriously, most "high end" salon's don't like to hire people that are fresh out of beauty school so I'm so grateful that I've been given the opportunity to work with such great stylists & learn from them. I'z a happy girl!

LOST nights Every Wednesday, a group of our friends come over & we all hang out & watch LOST like the nerds we are. It's fun! And we've been doing it ever since I can remember! Finale next week, HOLY SHIT!!!

Cracker Barrel Sundays Me & Will have a tradition of going to Cracker Barrel every Sunday when we wake up. Also something we've done for as long as I can remember. Even if that sounds totally redneck, we still enjoy it! I feel like we're an old married couple :)

♥ honorable mentions ♥
Super Mario Bros, our cats being all adorable with each other, watching youtube videos at work ("Oooh! Go to strippers falling off poles!"), getting my hair done for free, catching up with old friends, future plans, custom cross stitches that are as vulgar as I am, cute earrings, frame shopping, holding hands, rainy days

4 comments:

Claudia said...

We pretty much spent Cinco de Mayo the same way...boozin it up @ home! Margaritas and soyrizo enchiladas rule!

Bliss said...

Oh I love Cracker Barrel. Sounds like a lovely tradition.

Ally Jeanne said...

man i think everyone in alabama gets tattooed by that guy. my ex swore by him. haha. i like how will was the "weird" one for not having any tattoos. i'm finally getting all of my tattoos finished now. my "beauty school" sleeve should be done by the end of next month. about time since i graduated over a year ago.

Rachel said...

Haha, yeah it's either him or CW! You have a beauty school sleeve? That sounds awesome! I plan on getting some hair tattoos soonish