Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Last Post of the Year!


I can't believe this year is already almost over! We still don't have any plans for New Year's Eve, but I'm sure we'll end up meeting up with our friends somewhere along the way. I have thoroughly enjoyed the past two weeks off. I needed a serious battery recharge. It's back to the grind full time on January 5th though!

I have a few projects that I got done on my break or before that. I didn't craft nearly as much as I thought I was going to but that's ok! I got caught up on a lot of snuggles & sleep :)

I finally finished my open-work scarf. After unraveling it 3 times (I can't fix knitting mistakes) I finally finished it. Haha, it's pretty long, I think it's about 8 feet long which makes for a pretty long scarf on me! It was my first time doing any kind of lacy looking open-work knitting & I really don't know why I didn't do it before because the pattern was super simple!
available @ my etsy for $23.00! sold!



You can kinda tell how long it is in this picture...a little too long for my body, i think!

I also made some cute little earrings. I needed a jewelry quickie!


available @ my etsy for $7.00!




available @ my etsy for $4.00!


I love the skull & crossbones earrings! They are so fucking cute! They even have real Swarovski crystals in them, which is why the price is a little higher than the dragonfly earrings.

Oh! I almost forgot my pretty pink fuzzy scarf! Dude, I have been on a serious scarf kick, I guess. This scarf is awesome, it's super duper soft too. Sometimes fuzzy yarn can be itchy to me, but this one's not. It's reeeeally nice :)



available @ my etsy for $23.00!

Aaaaand I even fit in 2 cross stitches!
The first one I think is only funny to me...kind of a long & pointless story but there was a show called 30 Days (thanks again, Bridget!) & one of the episodes involved a cake with the writing "Let's Agree to Disagree" & it just cracked my shit UP! I really don't even know why! Maybe just the thought of giving someone a cake that says that just tickles me...I dunno.
But it's such a great saying to me! You'll have people in your life that you will just never see eye to eye with or someone who will "always be right"...and I think this just sums it up pretty perfectly!
available @ my etsy for $18.00!


I am totally in love with that font. I don't care if it's a little hard to read, I love it! I picked up Alphabets Galore, which I wish I would've stumbled upon sooner, at Hobby Lobby a little over a month ago & this is one of my favorite fonts in it. And it's so quick too! I loved it so much that I used it for another cross stitch....


available @ my etsy for $15.00!

This one says "Snug It Out" which is a reference to the fucking hilarious & weird show on Adult Swim called Tim & Eric Awesome Show:Great job! Anywho, Zach Galifianakis is awesome & I love him & he plays a character called "The Snuggler"..

The Snuggler


It's absolutely ridiculous & absurd...I love that show :)

I guess that's my big craft update! I wish I would've remembered to take pictures of the custom orders I did this week. They were very simple & I really liked the way they turned out! Maybe the customer will post pics on the Customer Appreciation or something..

I got some really cute embroidery patterns from UrbanThreads, so I think I may have to stitch a couple tonight...I didn't realize how adorable some of their patterns are!

I hope everyone has a safe & wonderful New Year! I know I will definitely have to do a little detoxing once the new year begins...haha, a little too much indulgence the past few weeks :)

5 comments:

micheleleigh said...

i really like that pink scarf. it looks so soft and comfy. :)

Bliss said...

I freakin' love the snug it out one. What a wonderful character to base a cross stitch on! Happy New year!

torrance said...

I love the black scarf. Great pattern! And the cross stiches are fabulous as always :)

Zack Newcott said...

I wish I could be that productive. Those scarves are awesome! I just learned to crochet after spending a day trapped in LAX this past week and I can't wait to try to make some of my own!

Rachel said...

thank you guys! zack, i WISH i could catch on to crocheting, but i'm so used to working with 2 needles & not 1 hook that it's kinda difficult for me. i'd love to see some of your scarves though!