Thursday, November 13, 2008

Things I Love Thursday




The Holidays I'm actually getting really excited about Christmas! I credit my new found excitement to Will, who loves Xmas & it's rubbed off on me, finally! One of my first jobs was working at a year-round Xmas store where I was surrounded by ornaments, music, tinsel, everything relating to the holiday & needless to say it pretty much numbed any good cheer I had for the next several years. Can you imagine feeling like it's Christmas, all the time?! It's so weird though, being excited to put our tree up, decorate, all that cheesy shit. Love...it does it to you!

My family This kind of goes hand in with the holidays. We're a tight knit group so I look forward to seeing all my family & my in-laws all at once! The good food, the drinks, everyone's happy (for the most part). I have a big family & we all gather at my grandparent's house for the holidays, so it's always nice to see everyone! My brother will be going out of town for Thanksgiving which kinda sucks but him & my sister-in-law are their own family & they're making their own traditions which I think is super sweet ♥

Disney Classics You guys know what I'm talking about...The Little Mermaid, Lady & the Tramp, The Fox & the Hound, Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella,, etc. I love them all. In case you can't tell with all my posts about Disney World, I'm a huge Disney fan & have been obsessed for a loooong time. The thing is I only like the classics. I haven't watched any of that new shit. It just doesn't have that same magic! The Fox & the Hound is up there as one of my favorites. It makes me cry every time I watch it. No matter how hard I try...goddamn, it's just so damn cute. Not to mention heartwarming/breaking.


*honorable mentions*
veggie fajitas, sleeping in, listening to rain, feeling good about where I am in life, new glasses, long showers, soy milk, books, Will, the smell of clean sheets, my dad's last chemo treatment coming up!, Katamari, Mitch Hedberg, drinking lots of water, this weekend ♥

7 comments:

Brook said...

I love love love love Christmas and Disney movies!!

Anonymous said...

The classics are the best, but you have to give Pixar a chance! Wall-E was super cute. All of the rest of the new Disney stuff is pretty much crap, I agree, but the Pixar movies have some merit!

Rachel said...

ya know, the last time i gave pixar a chance was in '95 with toy story. i've heard a lot of good things about wall-e & i even tried watching finding nemo...it's just...i can't take all the silly computer generation!

Vulvaline said...

i (heart) katamari!

Unknown said...

I love the holidays and classic Disney. Snow White is so beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love classic Disney too! But I will say that I totally love the Pixar films especially Wall-e and Monsters Inc. Oh and Toy Story and Finding Nemo---hee hee. They are all so touching. However, being a child of the 70's & 80's, I grew up with Fox and the Hound and all those older ones that i truly love too. I guess it's just evolution.

cassandra said...

mitch hedberg was great. so is katamari. i've been hearing great things about little big planet too. i agree with the "classic" disney stuff but i LOVE pixar too. wall-e was adorable. we have a cat named molly and we have to say her name like now, "wALL-eeee"...hmm. doesn't translate over internetz but it's funny. if you didn't like nemo you probably wouldn't like it. my favorite disney classic the little mermaid: so colorful, musical. . .ahhh. i love it.