Thursday, January 15, 2009

Things I Love Thursday



My Dad is cancer free! Obvious great news! The test results from his last PET scan came back yesterday & it came back completely clean! When I talked to my mom we both sounded like we were about to start crying from being so happy. It's such a relief that it's all over with & it's such a great way to start a new year! My dad said he felt like a huge weight has been lifted...I think our whole family feels the same way. It's been a rough 10 months on him (and us).I really had a good feeling about it anyway, because my dad is a tough motherfucker. I knew he could beat it. :)

This Ben Folds video I know I seem to be on a Ben Folds kick right now and IT'S TRUE. But the video I love, because guess who's in it? Why, Tim & Eric! They directed the video...they are some weird dudes. I ♥ them.


Balance
So I decided to cut my hours at work way back recently so that I could be at school more often & get out of there sooner. Less work hours = more sanity. I feel so much better. Seriously. And although my paycheck is gonna suck for a little bit, I would rather be broke & happy than stressed the fuck out all the time like I was. I've been reading more often & crafting more often. I've been truly relaxing. I've been hanging out with Sir William more. It's really been a huge relief! I'm sure everyone was tired of hearing me bitch about school & work all the time! I really think it was the best decision for right now.

*honorable mentions*
Mortal Kombat 2 (even though I suck ASS), Apathy & other small victories, baby bulldogs, getting "I love you" text messages in a row from different people, bad television, veggie corn dogs, warm cookies, restuffing my body pillows juuuust right, sneaking naps at work, good tips, covering myself in lotion & wrapping myself up in a coccoon ♥

15 comments:

Brook said...

Oh YAY I am so happy that your Dad is better!!! What good news!

classy broad said...

that's so awesome about your dad! <3

*xo...

Rachel said...

thanks guys :) best news we've had in a long time!

Ally Jeanne said...

i'm glad to here about your dad! and good for you for cutting back on your hours at work. getting out of school faster = getting to a better job faster!

Ally Jeanne said...

HEAR about your dad. geez i'm having a bad grammar day!

Rachel said...

haha! hey, at least you corrected yourself!

Sherezada said...

OMG, that is such wonderful news about your father! *hugs* I am so happy for you and your family!

Bliss said...

That is the best TILT so far! I'm so happy for your dad and your family. I hope you enjoy your relaxation time, too.

Claudia said...

So happy to hear about your dad!!!! That is awesome news!

and p.s. baby bulldogs DO ABSOLUTELY RULE!

Mr X Stitch said...

That is terrific news about your Dad, Rach. Although I've only seen the one picture of him (on his hog) he looks like someone too gnarly to be beaten by cancer.
Big love to the man from across the pond! :)

beefranck said...

I'm so glad your Dad is ok. :) What wonderful news!

Apathy and Other Small Victories is one of my favorite books. It made me laugh out loud too many times to count. :)

Rachel said...

thank you for all the sweet words, everyone! i'm sure it would really mean a lot to my dad to know that so many strangers are sending him so much love :)

Unknown said...

Such great news about your dad!!!


(And yes............Ben Folds is awesome............NC represent!..hee hee)

torrance said...

congrats on your daddy being cancer-free! that is so great! my dad has been cancer free for 10 years this spring :)

Zack Newcott said...

Congratulations on your dad's health! and I'm glad to see someone else reading Apathy & other small victories. That's one of my favorite books of all time!