Monday, October 20, 2008

Vulgar Little Cross Stitches

Here are a few little cross stitches I've finished over the past week & a half. Haha, yeah these are what my breaks from crafting look like! I know these aren't for everyone & they probably won't be all well-received but ya know, that's me! I like to think my crafts really do reflect me as a person-and baby, I'm vulgar, love it or leave it!

I really liked the way kittykill's white & black cross stitch looked, so I thought I'd try it out.



available @ my etsy store for $5.00 a piece!
Let me make this clear though, these are not intended to be degrading whatsoever. I'm all about female empowerment & I think taking back the power & negativity of these words & making them just that-words-is what it's all about. I've been called all three & worse more than once & I choose to take it all in stride. Sticks n stones, ya know?

12 comments:

kittykill said...

I really love the word cunt. It is so wonderful. Great job with the color combo! Once we learn to take those words back, they will begin to empower.

Jigsaw Youth said...

I love it too! And so many people haaaate it! I'm so glad to have someone get me :)

Mr X Stitch said...

Good work. I like the font and the white on black works a treat!
And they get right to the point.

Jigsaw Youth said...

Thanks Jamie! I really enjoyed doing them!

Allie said...

I agree, they both get right to the point! I love vulgar words and especially seeing them stitched. It makes me happy :) The black and white goes great together too! Great job doll!

Jigsaw Youth said...

Thanks sweetie! I'm a huge fan of vulgar words haha

Ashley Bilodeau said...

hahaha..
I actually like the cunt one!
Good job buddy!

torrance said...

Love them!
I also like the word cunt, it has a nice ring to it.
I haven't been able to find black cross stitch fabric here yet, but I'll deffinately keep looking

Brook said...

these are so great!! I actually cant bring myself to say the word "cunt" not because its a bad word... just because i hate it... but trust me I like every other dirty word!!! hahahaha

Jigsaw Youth said...

thanks guys!

Sherezada said...

Very cool! I love how the white-on-black looks with that font.

I hear ya on reclaiming words that have been used to demean and degrade women. More power to you for immortalizing them in stitch. ;)

Jigsaw Youth said...

Thanks doll, I appreciate the kind words!